Apparel Product Development Intern
Starting February, minimum 5 months
Minimum 4 days a week (preferably based in Amsterdam)
Love being at the fore front of sustainable fashion? Then join the team!
Hi there, Makers Unite is social enterprise based in Amsterdam growing pretty fast. We are looking for an apparel product developer to be the extra cog in our atelier to support us in developing products from concept to realization.
Who we are:
At our textile workshop at De Hallen, we design and produce sustainable clothing and merchandise with a story to raise awareness about migration. Our products are co-created by creative professionals from over 12 different countries.
We started with products made from life vest material that was reclaimed from the beaches of Greece to create awareness of the ongoing refugee crisis. Since then, we have come a long way. Working with brands as Ben & Jerry’s, Bas Kosters, Filling Pieces, By Borre amongst others.
Raising awareness about migration and becoming a creative studio that attracts international (fashion & lifestyle) brands to collaborate with us in both co-creation, production, and developing supporting campaigns.
- In your third or last year or just graduated in fashion design or management.
- Driven to make social change, fun and thrive in a dynamic working atmosphere.
- A team player as well as good at working independently.
- Able to work well with tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Able to work with (project management) tools, such as Excel and Teamwork and/or Asana.
- Able to assist to make a BOM (Bill of Materials) list.
- Competent at understanding steps involved with bringing a product from concept into realisation.
- A problem solver with a creative approach.
- Have a good eye for details.
- Able to communicate in English fluently (Dutch and/or Arabic are a BIG bonus).
What we offer:
- Work in direct contact with the product design team and our project manager.
- Collaborate with product design impact of developing products on environment and how to improve products impact and life cycle from design phase.
- An inspiring international group of colleagues all willing to share their knowledge.
- Hands on experience in realizing a product.
- Space for your input.
- Insight into the workings of a social organisation.
- Daily lunch.
- 300,- Euro per month compensation, based on 4-day working week.
- Transportation costs (only if more than 12km).
If you think this sounds like you, send your motivation and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Apparel Product Development Intern Application’. We will invite you for an interview if we think you could be a good match with us.
If you have any contact, please contact us at email@example.com or call at 020 723 0506
More information about us at www.makersunite.eu